Bridgewater has received yet another two awards in recent months.
AWARD 1: In the summer Bridgewater was one of three communities who received the Lieutenant Governor’s Community Spirit Award.
This award celebrates the power, strength and diversity of vibrant communities across Nova Scotia. Bridgewater’s receipt of this award again confirms that it is a community that is brimming with local spirit and community activity. The events and projects which drew the recognition of the award committee included:
- Moving the Bridgewater Library from downtown to it’s new location
- Bridgewater’s efforts towards sustainability and community engagement
- The Bridgewater Community Gardens Network
- The Community Christmas Dinner
- Senior Friendly Bridgewater
- Kinship Project
- Recreation Rocks with the Kraft Summer Tour
- The United Way of Lunenburg County
- The innovative Youth Engagement work going on
- The AfterGlow Art Festival
- Bridgewater’s Fire Department Band
To read the full submission go to: Bridgewater Spirit Award
Award 2: At the Bright Business Conference, hosted by Efficiency Nova Scotia, the Town of Bridgewater was the recipient of a prestigious Bright Business Award! Joining the ranks of other leaders in energy efficiency, the Town was recognized for its success in cutting energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions from its facilities by 15% over a 5 year period, as well as its broader sustainability efforts. This great video highlights the town’s energy commitments and success with a shout out to the Community Gardens Network.
Note: for some reason the link below doesn’t go right to the Bridgewater Award video, so click on ‘play all’ and then search on the right for the 7th video which is the ‘Community Award, Town of Bridgewater’ Thanks!